With the same philosophy than Formula 18 rules, the Formula 16 (F16) rules can be listed as a "box rule" setting limits to the main dimensions of the catamaran. It allows racing single handed (1-up) or double handed (2-up), then the boat is equipped with a jib. F16 Catamarans are designed for light crews (120-140 kg) making them particularly suited to youngs.
- Maximum length 5.00 m
- Maximum beam 2.50 m
- Minimum weight of platform 104 kg 1up and 107 kg 2-up
- Maximum mast height of 8.50 m
- Maximum mainsail area (including mast) 15 sqm
- Maximum jib area 3.7 sqm
- Maximum spinnaker area 17.5 sqm
- Boat must be rightable by crew without external assistance
Created in 2001, this series is recognized by ISAF since 2010.
There is 1 "Formula 16" sailboat on Sailboat-Data.
|Nacra F16||16.4 ft||2012|